Islamic Spirituality and Modern Challenges
This book is an anthology of twenty-nine essays. The book deals with various aspects of the relationship between Islam and its spirituality and culture, on the one hand, and the ideological as well as cultural challenges of modern times, on the other. It aims to be an eye-opener and to inspire : critical and creative thinking.
The themes covered revolve around the following thrusts: the meaning and significance of Islamic spirituality; the Islam-versus-modern-times dialectics; revisiting the concepts of life, civilization, worship, beauty, happiness, knowledge and justice; the relationship between the truth and falsehood, knowledge and ignorance, and between light and darkness; the implications of living the Islamic monotheistic message for the earthly missions of individuals and societies, and a number of lessons in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Is Islam Against Modernity?
• Why is Happiness so Elusive?
• Beauty Versus Ugliness
• Reading the Signs of Allah
• Bringing Sunnis and Shia Closer to Each Other
• Six Long-Term Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic
• If Truth is Clear, Why Do People Reject It?
• Tips for Experiencing Salat Better
• The Prophet's Guidance and Hajj Cancellation