Islam, the Faith of Love and Happiness
What does Islam teach us about the pursuit of happiness? How can we gain true happiness in this life before the next? This eye-opening guide will show you how to create meaning in your daily life and become an intimate of God, by one of Indonesia's most prominent living spiritual teachers.
Through touching stories, humorous anecdotes and profound insights into the spiritual realm that draw on sacred Islamic teachings, Dr Bagir shines a brilliant light into the darkness that all too often overwhelms us. Consisting of twenty nine short and inspirational chapters, this work will take you on a spiritual quest to overcome the maladies of your soul and help you experience true happiness.
1. Happiness as the Highest Goal
2. What is Happiness?
3. Happiness is a Matter of Meaning
4. Doing what is beautiful (Ihsan)
5. Conclusion (1): How to Achieve Happiness?
6. Conclusion (2): Humans were Born to be Happy
7. Human Life: A Journey of Love
8. What is Love?
9. Allah the Lover
10. All Things are Signs of Love
11. Allah’s Love, Human Love
12. Muhammad (s.a.w.), the Prophet of Love
13. Ties of Human Love
14. Marriage as a test of Ihsan
15. The Sanctity of Fitrah
16. Coming Closer to Allah
17. Becoming Accustomed to Dhikr Allah (Remembrance of Allah)
18. Manifesting Allah’s Attributes
19. Developing Contentment (Rida) [I]
20. Developing Contentment (Rida) [II]
21. Being Grateful and Patient in Facing His Trails
22. Actualizing Noble Character Traits
23. Spreading Righteous Deeds
24. Subduing Egoism
25. Overcoming Our Addiction to Wealth
26. Towards a Life of Charity
27. Turning Work into Passion