The Barakah Effect: More With Less
Hardback, 450 pages
[Free e-book with pre-order]
“The Barakah Effect unveils a universal reality, revealing a practical approach to a spiritual law. In a contemporary world where the unseen and the sacred has become a seemingly distant fiction, Mohammed Faris helps demystify a tangible spiritual truth that can be witnessed and evidenced in our everyday lived experience. This book is not only essential reading for reconnecting us with our innate sacred relationship with the Divine Reality, it offers a simple and clear guide to implementing ancient wisdom within our perceived mundane lives. The poignant concepts and steps articulated within the pages of this modern manual ignite a literal paradigm shift in how we view success and productivity.” — Dr. Abdallah Rothman, President of the International Association of Islamic Psychology
In an age of relentless hustle and overwhelming busyness, what if there's an ancient key that unlocks more while doing less? Enter Barakah – the divine multiplier effect, a spiritual conduit to abundance in every facet of life.
With a blend of traditional Islamic knowledge, modern-day research, and insightful anecdotes, this book stands as the first practical guide on the concept of Barakah in the English language.
About the Chapters:
Spanning 14 chapters, the book unravels a manifesto, each representing a distinct principle of the Barakah Culture.
- Unearth the profound difference between Barakah Culture and the prevailing Hustle Culture.
- Delve into intentions' powerful role and the spiritual intelligence required to engage daily with your purpose.
- Reimagine a God-centric life, understanding servitude to both the Creator and His creation.
- Immerse yourself in the Gardener Mindset, cultivating patience, focus, and trust in God's divine plan.
- Reflect on the potency of parents' blessings, and the legacy that outlives one's existence.
- Remind oneself of life's transience and the importance of aligning with eternal purpose.
- And, traverse the life of Prophet Muhammadﷺ, understanding the blessings and abundance that surround him.
Dive in and let the Barakah transform you, guiding your life towards more... with less.
About the author
Mohammed Faris is an executive coach, author, and speaker known for fusing spirituality with personal and professional development.
He's the founder of The Productive Muslim Company- a faith-based training and coaching company, and author of the best-selling book "The Productive Muslim: Where Faith Meets Productivity,"
His latest book, "The Barakah Effect," encapsulates years of research, training, and coaching on living a life of Barakah and offers readers a renewed perspective on how to live more with less.
1. What is Barakah?
2. How We Lost Barakah
3 Barakah Culture: An Alternative to Hustle Culture
4. A Framework for Barakah
6. Start Every Action with Sincere Intention and Ask Allah for Help
7. Life is Not About You. It is About Serving Your Lord with Excellence
8. Thank Allah for What You Have, and Seek Sustenance Beautifully
9. Be Like a Gardener: Focused, Hardworking, Gentle, Trust Allah with the Results
10. Cherish Your Parents, and Treat Them With Mercy and Compassion
11. Plant a Seed Whose Harvest Will Benefit Generations to Come
12. Pray and Persist for Your Goals, Until You Achieve Them or Are Guided to What's Better
13. Remember Death to Stay Focused on What Matters
14. Send Abundant Salawat Upon Prophet Muhammadﷺ
15. Alhamdulillah (Acknowledgements)
Appendix: 21 Sources of Barakah
Appendix: Barakah Culture Values, Mindsets, and Rituals